Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Metastatic liver cancer- am looking for medical center that does the most research in that area?

I contracted colon cancer about three years ago and had it removed by resection. This was followed by chemo using oxiplatin anf FU-5. I faired really well except for neural damage in feet. Now a spot has appeared in the upper portion of my liver which is metastatic from the colon. A local liver surgeon is planning a resection and this will undoubted be followed by more chemo. I understand the real risk is from other seedlings of the cancer which may now start to appear either in the liver or other organs and that my defenses will be really low to fight them. I am looking to find the research center who most commonly deals with metastatic colon cancer to learn as much as possible about new techniques, drugs, or whatever. I might go there for the surgery or at a minimum get a second opinion on procedure etc.Metastatic liver cancer- am looking for medical center that does the most research in that area?
stanford medical center- plus u should get hold of sales reps from genentech and see if they have new study going on that is specific for liver cancer.
Check with Sloan Kettering in NYC. We took my dad there for pancreatic cancer. They are the experts on just about every type of cancer.Metastatic liver cancer- am looking for medical center that does the most research in that area?
Standford, Sloan Kettering or MD Anderson are all extremely qualified to deal with complicated cancers! Good luck!
Look at the cancer research on these sites. glycoscience.org

and glycoresource.com
MD Anderson in Houston is a great place from what I've heard.



Good luck!





http://www.mdanderson.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment