Friday, February 24, 2012

Will the medical center charge me for visit and Rx?

I changed jobs recently. I went to the doctor three days after I quit my job that was providing me with united healthcare insurance. I was told that my medical coverage would be cut off at the end of the month, and since I quit working there at the end of the month I am a little worried that the coverage will not cover my visit. so will they charge me? or do they have to offer me a cobra before they can charge me?Will the medical center charge me for visit and Rx?
Yes, they can charge you for the visit.



The clinic doesn't offer cobra - your previous insurer does. First thing to do is call and find out if you still have coverage. If you do, great. If you don't, find out if the cobra is an option, then get the premium paid immediately.



If the coverage ended on your last day AND cobra is not an option, then you'll end up paying for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment