Friday, February 24, 2012

Questions about Oschner Medical Center in New Orleans?

I recently graduated registered nursing school and got my RN license about a month ago. I live in Florida, which is apparently the only state in this country with a surplus of nurses. I am having a very difficult time finding a job here. I may have an opportunity to move to New Orleans in the very near future, and am wondering if Oschner hires new nurses. I have passed the NCLEX and have a valid, current license in Florida.Questions about Oschner Medical Center in New Orleans?
They do not hire new nurses. I am from there. New Orleans has a terrible job market. Baton Rouge too. Ochsners is great, but they only hire inhouse techs or people with a years experience. I know. I graduated in December and just now found a new grad RN position. Its in Lafayette, Louisiana. Im relocating. If you come here, you wil have trouble. They have a flooded market. I have a BSN and graduated with honors and was in Sigma Theta Tau and it still took 8 months.

Those people obviously don't live in New Orleans or work as a new RN. They dont know what they are talking about. An experienced RN can get a job there. You need one years experience to work at Ochsners. If you can get a tech job, you may be able to get in. The market is bad nationwide. I am a nurse. I know how it is, I didn't hear from a friend or friend of a friend like they did. If you want to waste your time, Go right ahead.

@NOLA saint: Great news, she can get a job after 5 years. Woohoo.

Yes, there is a nursing shortage for experienced RNs. But, there is also a surplus of inexperienced new grads in New Orleans and Baton Rouge.
this person sounds like a disgruntled person who can not find a job. There are jobs out there especially iin the healthcare field. It is most probably someone who can't find a job. I Have 3 nurse friends who work at oshcner and my cousin is a doctor who just hired 6 months ago.

Report Abuse

Questions about Oschner Medical Center in New Orleans?
Yes they do hire new nurses. I have two friends that work there. New Orleans does not have a hard job market like that person said. You can also try tulane, LSU, east jeff. I have friends that all worked at those hospitals.

Oschner is a teaching hospital so if they didn't hire new nurses they wouldn't be a teaching hospital.

Edit: We have a new hospital and cancer research center that will be opening but still needs to be built in the next 5 years.
im not sure but i hear it is a great hospital. im from al but live in ms and i here a lot of good about it. in sure they will hire you at least i hope good luck
I've heard New Orleans has a great job market for any type of health care professionals.

No comments:

Post a Comment