Friday, February 24, 2012

Are there any motels walking distance from the university hospital/medical center in san antonio?

I'd need something walking distance seeing that I dont drive. Thank you.Are there any motels walking distance from the university hospital/medical center in san antonio?
I see you have gotten some good suggestions, but if you can't find a hotel which meets your needs, in the area you seek, you can always use the VIA metro bus system to move between most hotels and the medical center.



There are a large number of hotels in and around the medical center area, but if you can't drive you will still need to eat. So find a hotel with restaurant choices and the med center close. But consider the SA VIA bus system it is safe clean and inexpensive.



Here is a website

http://www.viainfo.net/Ride/Default.aspx



EDIT: I would have to wonder if Stacy has ever ridden on the VIA bus system in SA. While it is not a limosine, they are clean and convienent. While I might hesitate to recommend the bus system in other cities in the US, ours is one of the nicest. I don't have to ride the bus frequently as I have a driver. But a large number of San Antonians use the Park %26amp; Ride system to get to certain parts of the city and especially to major events where parking is difficult. People like Stacy aggrevate me as they probably have never experienced what they are degrading. I recently had jury duty in downtown San Antonio, I took the bus from my North Central area to downtown, as I did not want my driver to have to deal with the morning traffic and parking in the area. I used the VIA trip planner, the busses were clean and onschedule and I made all of my obligations without difficulty.





As far as hotels I forgot I did not put this information in earlier there are five in the Med Ctr area they can be seen at this site:



http://travel.yahoo.com/p-hotel-19150201鈥?/a>



And Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel is rated at 1 1/2 stars by Yahoo and is one of the lowest rated in the city. It is 5th of 5 in popularity in the Medical Center area.
There is a Courtyard off Fredrickspurg right in the medical center. The address is



8585 Marriott Dr

San Antonio, TX 78229



You can walk to university hospital from there.

It's about 1 mile away.



http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/sa鈥?/a>Are there any motels walking distance from the university hospital/medical center in san antonio?
There is one across from the VA on Wurzbach i pass by it everyday and i cant think of the name but its hard to miss. Good Luck
you have marriot courtyard, Studio 6, and Budget Suites are the ones closest to the medical center
You might want to call the apartments around that area to see if they rent out apartments for temporary stay.



Just a suggestion but yeah Marriot Courtyard.
If you want to ride the bus, that's a risk you'll have to take, but I wouldn't recommend it. My husband and I once stayed in a hotel near the med center called Oak Hills Medical Center Hotel. It's certainly not a 5 star hotel, but it was cheap and clean. There is also a restaurant in the hotel, which does serve a hot breakfast. I'm pretty sure they'd give you a good deal if you were going to be there for an extended amount of time.
  • catalytic converter
  • halloween horror nights
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment