Friday, February 17, 2012

Does jesse brown va medical center in Chicago have a good cancer center?

I was just diagnosed with cervical cancer so was doing some research on the different cancer centers near Chicago. My husband is a Vet and I was told that the VA hospital had one of the better treatment facilities here, yet I can not find any reviews on the hospital. So was just wondering if anyone who has or has had cancer and is being treated there could comment on the treatment they are receiving? Any information would be greatly appreciated!



Thanks for any and all serious replies!Does jesse brown va medical center in Chicago have a good cancer center?
Jesse Brown VA is part of the McGaw Medical Center, and Northwestern Memorial Hospital is part of that too (my cancer is treated there). My company does work at JB, so we see all the new, state of the art improvements being made. I'm guessing (I'm not totally sure) that your doctors at JB will talk to the doctors at Robert H. Lurie Comprehensive Cancer of Northwestern University, so, you're in good hands! Good luck with your treatment! :)
va hopsitals are not of the public health system,they are subjected to higher rules of operation,and have elements that make them a choice for care,being a wife of a vet may not give you the same standing as a vet,but it should,your records may be marked differently,otherwise they have worldwide contacts,and studies that public domain hospitals wont have privy to also,and they are to supposed to make available any treatment required to the vet, no matter the difficulty in obtaining itDoes jesse brown va medical center in Chicago have a good cancer center?
The best cancer facilities receive a designation from the National Cancet Institute - these facilities are the leaders in cancer research and the current treatments for cancer . . they are the ones that provide the critical scientific documented data about the effectiveness of all different cancers through clinical trials and treatments. The NCI provides a list of all comprehensive cancer centers located in the US.



NCI: Comprehensive cancer centers

http://cancercenters.cancer.gov/cancer_c鈥?/a>
....Sorry, I couldn't find any reviews either. I went to Long Beach Memorial for my treatment because they had just opened a brand new oncology wing and it was excellentt. There's going to be a whole new building finished in 2012 too! It's looking great. I won't be going though, I'm in remission now.



Sorry that I couldn't help much, but I just wanted to give you my support! Best of luck for you! I know that sometimes it's really rough, but look to your friends and stay strong! I know you can do it! Once it's over, it's almost fun to look back. Staying positive is the best thing, I have several funny tales from when I went through chemo.

GOOD LUCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment