Friday, March 9, 2012

Do I have to go to an army medical center just bc I have tricare?

called the appointment line at our duty station to make an appointment bc I have a bladder infection. They said that because I have tricare standard i have to call back at 2:30pm to schedule my appointment and they would see if they had anything available. I think it's BS! so could I make an appointment off post and have tricare still pay for all of it or at least part of the bill???Do I have to go to an army medical center just bc I have tricare?
If you have something called an "Urgent Care" center nearby, you could definitely go to one of those and be treated. I work in one, and our typical co-pay for tri-care ranges from $0-$12.
Call any doctor and ask if they accept tri-care. I hate military doctors so I work hard to find one that I like. Tri-care is like any other medical insurance where some doctors offices accept it and some don't. I agree that this is BS! And yes tri-care will pay for all of the bill, just make sure you call them and let them know what is going on!! Good LuckDo I have to go to an army medical center just bc I have tricare?
im on tricare prime and i do not have to go on base to get a doctor appointment. I think if you look up doctors that are currently taking tricare and accepting new patients, then you can schedule an appointment with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment